Thanks to my analytical mindset and a good dose of common sense, I can quickly drill down to the essence of software and its role in a business. Using my engineering skills, I turn these insights into maintainable software. Teamwork preferred!
- Freelance Software Developer (since 2017)
- Developing a software solution for adminstration of real estate at ICTU for a government organization. This consisted of an AutoCAD plugin in C# (and some VB.NET and Lisp), various Python/Django webservices, Python scripts for migrating data, interfacing with an WSO2 ESB, visualization of CAD data in the browser using Three.JS, interfacing with ArcGIS for managing GIS data, etc. More importantly, as a Sr Developer on the team my responsibilites also included discussing the solution with the customers architects, helping the product owners decide on functionality, supporting the installation process and maintaining a high software quality throughout the project.
- Small maintenance tasks for various companies using tech like NodeJS, Java, C#, etc.
- Software Engineer at Ortec (2015 - 2017)
- Maintenance and development of new features for Ortec’s flagship product, Routing and Dispatch. This is a very large Delphi and C# codebase, with occasionally some C, C++ or Python. Of course, this also involves quite some work with SQL (MS SQLServer).
- Development of new features for COMETS, which is a small C# WPF software package for use by non-profits giving healthcare in Africa. It is mainly used for patient administration.
- Maintenance and administration of the Continuous Integration platform that is used by the whole software development department of Ortec. This is currently a homebrew Python system, but I will replace it by a Jenkins (Java) solution.
- Software Developer / Researcher at Almende and DoBots (2012 - 2014)
- Lead development on the Almende part of the European FP7 project ARUM, which included developing C# and Java webservices, a NodeJS agent system and front-end JS development, as well as coordination with the other ARUM partners. This project was focused on Operations Research topics.
- Business and technical development for the robotics startup DoBots, which is an Almende spin-off. This involved identifying business opportunities and creating prototypes, often including C# or Android (Java) development and embedded software in C and C++.
- Master degree Cognitive Neuroscience at Radboud University Nijmegen, cum laude (2010 - 2012). During this master I focused on computational neuroscience (eg simulation of neural networks) and machine learning (eg computer vision, optimization and neural networks for classification). This meant a large part of my master was spent programming, mainly in C++ and MATLAB. I wrote some of that code for parallel and distributed systems, for the performance benefits.
- Bachelor degree Theoretical Physics at Radboud University Nijmegen, cum laude (2006 - 2010). During my bachelors I not only learned to program in C and C++, but also spent time on extracurricular activities such as organizing a study trip and attending honours courses.
- C# (Linq, EF, WPF, NuGet)
- Java (JBoss, Jenkins)
- Python (Django)
- C (embedded)
- C++ (STL, Boost)
- Software development workflow
- Source control (Git, SVN, Perforce)
- Automated testing (TFS, Jenkins, NUnit, Selenium)
- Agile / SCRUM
- Project management
- Requirement analysis
- Linux and Windows system administration
- In-depth knowledge
- Machine Learning
- Computer Vision
- Operations Research
- Dutch (native)
- English (near native)
- German (intermediate)
- French (intermediate)
- Russian (beginner)